Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Showcase #1

Welcome to Sunday Showcase, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.

Ah! My very first Showcase Sunday! Exciting! I've seen this meme on more than one blog and it's always one of my favorites to see. I'm super nosy and love seeing what people are adding to their bookshelves, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon as well!

This week, I spent an embarrassing amount of money in the Amazon bookstore. Does anyone else feel like they overspend when buying books in digital format? It doesn't feel like I'm actually spending money because I'm not physically swiping my debit card or handing over cash. Or even typing in my card information. It's just one-click shopping, which is no bueno for my skinny wallet. In any case, here's my sexy swag:






So many red covers! I'm a little nervous to read some of these, because I've seen very mixed reviews. Have you guys read any of these titles? What did you think?

Finally, I received two titles directly from the authors for review.


Thanks to both of you! And... I think that that's it for this week! It was a fairly awesome one in terms of bookish things, I think.

Happy reading, darlings!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! Overspending, the deadly sin :)

    I've read most of these books: Immortal Rules, Grave Mercy, Die for Me (loved!), Masque of Red Death, and Everneath (didn't like this one)

    Well, you've got lots to read, girlie.

    ~Ariella @ A Sprinkle of Books

    P. S. Drop by my blog!

    ReplyDelete