Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little Update

Today is normally a review day, but this week has been a little crazy for me. For those of you who don't know, a friend of mine committed suicide last week. Tonight is his memorial.

Now, I'd just like to say for the record: I have not been close to this individual for a couple years now. We both moved to different states and lost touch after high school. However, his passing has been harder than I expected. I continually find myself wondering if things may have gone differently had we not allowed our friendship to fizzle out, though I know that there is no use in doing so. I am sure many of his other past friends are having similar thoughts.


So, I'd just like to take a moment to tell everyone to hold your friends close. Make sure that they know you care. Suicide is 100% preventable. Know the signs. Get help. And I'd also like all of you to know that I'm here for you. So please, if you feel desperate, reach out to someone. There are resources available to you, even if you feel as though there aren't. A friend. A parent. A sibling. A relative. A teacher. A school counselor. A hotline.


In any case, in lieu of recent events, a review won't be posted tonight. Regular posts will resume tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Goodreads! Your book is looking pretty good! I'm still working on mine, everyday there's something that I don't like and what to change (sigh).

    I'm following you now. Here is my link to follow me back

    http://onlectus.blogspot.com

    L:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lectus. Thank you for the compliment, but I have to say that this post was a little inappropriate for this comment. I thought a lot about whether or not I should even reply to this, and considered just deleting your comment straight out, but decided that I should at least let you know how I felt about it before doing so.

      That being said, I will leave your comment along with this reply up for the next 24 hours so that you may see it, after which, I will delete both. Please take the time to read the content of a post before mindlessly commenting. This was a very difficult post for me to make and it's unfortunate that it happened to be the top post on my blog when you viewed it.

      As a blogger, I know that I should expect a number of people to follow me solely for the purpose of gaining more followers. However, that is not how I operate. I will only follow blogs that I am interested in and blogs that are run by those whose opinion interests me. As this comment is in such a wildly inappropriate place, I will not be following you back, as it is blatantly obvious that you are uninterested in my blog itself and only interested in a possible follower, which, I am sad to say, you have lost.

      Thank you again for your compliment and I hope that you have a nice day. Good luck with your blog.

      Delete