Monday, July 30, 2012

Liebster Award: Thank You!



Wow! First of all, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Ana over at The Adventures Within for being kind enough to give me this award. For those who may not be familiar, the Liebster Award is a chain award given to bloggers by other bloggers who feel that they deserve a bit of recognition. I'm honored to have made the cut!

Award Rules

1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you've tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

Now that we've done a quick run down of the rules, shall we get started?




Ten Random Facts About Me

1. I love Italian food. If I could eat nothing but Italian food for the rest of my life, I would die fat and happy.
2. I'm a classically trained opera singer (sopranos represent!) and have taken voice lessons for over half of my life.
3. I enjoy writing in addition to reading. I've role played and written fan fiction for years now, but I have yet to take a leap and start my own novel.
4. I have a Chihuahua, Pomeranian, and Terrier mix that I love to death. She's constantly a thorn in my side and I wouldn't have it any other way.
5. I love to travel. If I had the means to do so, I would gladly give up a normal home and instead travel around the world full time. I'm fascinated by other cultures and how other people around the world live their daily lives.
6. One of my favorite things to do is soak in a scalding hot tub with lots of bubbles, some candles, my Kindle, and a drink.
7. I've been dating my best friend of eight years for almost three years now. Ladies, that shy boy who's always been there for you is a potential Prince Charming.
8. I can never be completely still unless I'm sleeping. Whenever I'm sitting or laying down, some part of my body has to be in constant motion. Usually it's my foot.
9. I was an active participant in the theater community in my hometown up until two years ago when I moved. In high school I played the roles of Madame Thenardier in Les Miserables (our production won fifth place nationwide in a Go USA contest!), Grizabella in Cats, and various other not as noteworthy roles, including "Skater Girl #4" in High School Musical. I know. Cringe worthy.
10. I've been told that I have a very unique laugh. I have yet to figure out if this is a good or a bad thing.

Ten Questions Given by Ana

1. Name the book that you regret buying and wish you hadn't read.
- 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I'm sorry. I know a lot of women love it, but I found the characters to be     cliched, misogynistic, and incredibly unlikable. And please don't even get me started on the author's incredibly poor grasp of the English language.
2. A book that you really want, but haven't been able to buy.
- I'm actually really dying to read Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, I just haven't had the time to read it so I have yet to purchase it!
3. What deceased actor or singer would you want to meet if they were still alive?
- This is so hard! However, I'm going to have to be cliche and say Audrey Hepburn. I just think that she's so charming and a wonderful role model. She was quite the lady!
4. Do you have something that you're OCD about?
- YES. My Kindle library and bookshelves. For my Kindle library, everything must have a uniformly sized cover and be in order according to the author's last name. If the default order is by their first name, I have to go in and change it. For my bookshelves everything has to be in order according to the author's last name and then according to series or release date when not part of a series.
5. If all of the hot superheroes asked you out, which one would you pick?
Spiderman for sure! I was writhing in jealousy when he made a giant web hammock for Mary Jane to lay on and look at the stars. Plus, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the newest Spiderman, Andrew Garfield, is a total fox.
6. Your phobias?
Amusingly enough, given my answer to the last question, spiders! I can't stand anything that has more than four legs. I'm also afraid of snakes and heights.
7. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Travel. Hands down.
8. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
I actually have a few places tied for first here, haha. I've technically been to England, but my entire visit was spent in Heathrow Airport for a ten hour layover after they cancelled our flight to Milan, Italy. So I would love to spend some more time in England outside of the airport and in a much better mood than I was the first time I was there. I would also love to visit Greece and South Korea.
9. Favorite ice cream flavor or drink?
My favorite ice cream flavor is coffee and any variation of it. My favorite drink is either a white peach sangria, a raspberry long island iced tea, or a good old rum and coke. Mmmm.
10. Something you can't live without?
As much as it pains me to admit this, the internet. I've moved so many times throughout my life that the only way I'm able to keep in contact with a number of friends is through Facebook or other social networking sites. Plus, I really love Lolcats.

My tags!

Alright, so I know this is taking the easy way out, but I just can't choose! I don't know the majority of my followers and I would love to change that! So, I'm tagging all of you! Be sure to comment on this post if you accept!

My Questions:

1. What is the happiest or most memorable moment of your life up until this point?
2. Do you have any nervous habits? If so, what are they? (Example: tapping your fingers, bouncing your knee, etc.)
3. Are there any song lyrics that you feel a deep, emotional connection to? Why?
4. What is the thing you want the most right this second?
5. Quick! Coke or Pepsi?
6. What is your favorite movie and why?
7. What is your favorite book and why?
8. What do you feel defines you?
9. What is the last goal (major or minor) you set for yourself that you successfully completed?
10. What types of things do you look for in the opposite sex? Why?

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute I wish I was still with my best friend, you are so lucky to have yours not alot of girls realize that its always the shy guy. And your welcome for the award :).

    -TheAdventuresWithin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answers! I married my best friend--I have the following engraved on his wedding band "my best friend, my soul mate"...The theme of our wedding album was "when you realize your best friend is your soul mate.". So cute to hear that someone else has a similar experience! Opera, really? I can't sing, but every time I watch the voice I really wish I could. I'm glad to see you got this award! Great job! I hope you're enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete